05 April 2009

A Basket "full" of Babies

In the past few weeks I've not been doing much beading...it's the time of year for taxes...which I'm not done with yet...and I've had several other "irons in the fire"...one is this basket "full" of babies...they are all (except the blue one with the peyote face") about 3" tall...and ready to bead...why?...you ask...did I make all these babies...I think it's because I'm a trifle "OCD"...and once I get something in my head it's hard to steer me the other way...ha...I think there are over 75 babies of different colors...it takes me about 45 min to an hour to complete one from cutting out to sewing my initials into the bottom of the stuffed baby...my Valentine Babies were made from two of the patterns seen here...there are 7 different patterns all together...and I tried to make about 4 per color...obviously not all colors have each of the 7 patterns...but...I was so involved with other things that beading was just not formost in my mind...and this I could do while watching TV at night with my husband...they reside in this little basket...at least til I decide what to do with them and how to bead them...
And what else has been going on down here in Cocoa Beach? BEAUTIFUL WEATHER this weekend...and a few of the days in the past month...have had some rain...but like much of the southeast...we're in drought mode (folks can only water their lawns on certain days of the week)...so the rain...though it cuts into my golf...is sorely needed...
One discovery I made...I'm not a "candidate" for Lyrica for my fibromyalgia...not because I can't get it...but because I tried it...was on it for 3 weeks and gained 10 lbs. was dizzy and my balance was terrible...and found it hard to breathe...plus my darling husband couldn't sleep...snoring...so yesterday was the first day without it...and I already feel better...back to Advil...
I've been teaching the new Weight Management Classes at Curves...they have revamped their Weight Management System...and now it's so much easier to follow...plus...you can join the class whether you belong to Curves or not...as long as you buy the book...which is reasonable...so that has taken up some of my time with preparing to teach...and then the acutal teaching...
I've got a "call" out to the ladies at Curves...and anyone else who would like to join us...to have a walking group...(strength in numbers...I knew darn good and well I would do better having someone to walk with...I got the April 2008 Prevention Magazine...and in it was an article on how to train for half and whole marathons...anyone who has known me for very long knows I DON'T run...but this training is for walking them...now whether I'll ever do a whole marathon remains to be seen...I would give that about a 2% chance of happening...ha...but if I can get a group together that wants to train for the half one...or even just wants to join a walking group without doing any events...I might do a half one...we'll see...with the fibromyalgia I'll just have to take it a day at a time...but we're going to give it our best shot...not only will we feel better for the exercise...a lot of half and whole marathons are in neat places...like New York City, Philadelphia, Las Vegas...so...this will be a "traveling" group as well...wish us luck!
Other than that...mostly I've been trying to make it through the first (an last) three weeks of Lyrica...working on taxes...making the little babies you saw at the beginning of this post...and playing golf...about a week or so ago I shot the BEST I've ever shot on 18 holes...hooray...it was a 79...though highly unusual...was lots of fun while playing...and made me feel wonderful when I saw the final score...since that time I'm back to my regular mid to high 80's...but every once in a while "everything goes just right"...all the stars are in alignment so to speak...my girlfriend and I are going to play in the Scrambles at the beginning of May for the Little League...we did it last year and had a lot of fun...
The biggest and most important thing I've been doing lately...getting ready for the 2009 "Pink Ribbon Turtles" Project...this year I'm inviting artists from every medium...there are 5 different projects to choose from...and I already know we'll do better this year than we've ever done before! PLEASE go to www.atawhisper.com/prt.htm to find out all of the information about this year's turtles...
Have a blessed Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Jena - that basket - so full of promise!! wow, love it!! but the Lyrica..yikes!

    ReplyDelete