23 March 2008

Momma and Her Babies...

My first blog here...so why not begin with my first beaded piece of beaded artwork? Actually, I had made a lot of beaded turtles for Christmas ornaments, as well as butterflies, dragonflies, rocking horses and other things before I made this 16"x20" work, but this is the first piece of framed artwork I did. It now hangs in my bathroom matted in bright orange, with a white frame on a blue wall...and I love it. I've made many more since and it is one of my favorite things to do! Beadwork is what keeps me...hmmm...well I was going to say keeps me sane, but there are those that would question that! Ha. So let's just say it relaxes me.
Like many beaders, I am addicted to beads. I don't think I've ever left a bead shop or bead show without, at the bare minimum, one bead. But that's ok...they are my friends.
I've been trying to set up this blog for about two hours now...beadwork and bead embroidery come to me much easier than computer deciphering...so it's time to go to bed.
I hope to play a little golf tomorrow, though I don't know that it will come about since it's Easter Sunday and dinner comes right about the time I would normally meet my high school golfing pal, Missy, out at the course...so it might have to wait til Monday.
So I will go to bed now, and dream about the beautiful beads I ordered last night...and the ones I bought at my favorite bead store today, and what exactly I am going to do with them. I am sure it will have something to do with turtles.
God bless, good night, may your Easter be joyous!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! The babies are soooo cute!
    I look forward to seeing more of your work here!
    I love the nice bright colours and the beautiful stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jena, I've just visited your site. You have such wonderful designs! and of course I love all your turtles :-)

    ReplyDelete