21 July 2009

Way Behind...


OK...so I haven't written in a while...since I wrote last I've been out on the river two more times...once with my darling husband...and once with my eldest grandson...both times were a blast...here's a couple of pictures...they came right up to the boat and let us pat them...that's a flipper/arm reaching up out of the water in the second picture...they have fingernails...or I guess you'd call them "flipper-nails"...
Beadwork has consisted of one completed doll (above)...I loved the matte finished beads in purples and blues with the white stripe...I haven't named her yet...think I might send her to someone...but won't say who in case they are reading...it will be a surprise...and two others that are works in progress...I have yet to make my June or July Beaded Journal Project turtles...I have them cut out and ready to bead...but haven't even begun the beadwork...

Golf has been pretty good...hot as heck out there...but hitting pretty well...chipping pretty well...putting...well...on these greens "REAL" putting is an exercise in futility...we are on temporary greens til the completely revamped old ones have grown all their new and improved grass (drought and salt resistant)...and have been manicured...they say September...but I'll be surprised...still...we have fun when we play and that's really the whole point...did see a Roseatte Spoonbill at hole #6 of the River Course...such an odd little bird...here it is standing next to one of my favorite birds...don't know what kind it is...but love the white body, black legs, and bright yellow feet...like he stepped in a bucket of yellow paint...I think it's some sort of small heron...
I happened upon my daughter and her little girl today at the grocery store...they were on a field trip from the pre-school that my daughter teaches at and her daughter goes to...my daughter didn't acknowledge my presence...but she didn't give me a dirty look either...so that was a blessing...the guy behind the meat counter had the kids completely captivated by showing them how to make meatballs...he made a few...then proceeded to juggle them...the kids thought that was pretty cool...I'm glad I got to watch...I still pray every day that my daughter will have a softening of heart toward me...
Oh...and I turned 54...so we celebrated that a few times...ha...in my family birthdays tend to last a few weeks til everyone has a chance to celebrate...always fun...
Not a lot else going on...walking nearly every day...swimming a few days a week and golfing a few...and trying to stay busy...
God bless...

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got to enjoy the river with your grandson. It is so sad to not get along with a child, any family member really. I hope time will help.

    Fiftyfour! You younster you. I've got you beat by a year and a half. Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete